Do you want it?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Last Friday night, while FIST was dropping raid bosses in Ulduar, Michael Jordan was dropping names while getting inducted into the Basket Ball Hall of Fame. A true competitor in every sense of the word, Jordan gave an impassioned speech about what motivated him and drove him to become the best player he could be. Among the things he said one particular story stood out;

Jordan remembered scoring around 20 points in a row late in a game to pull out a win, which was followed by a conversation with Bulls assistant Tex Winter. "Tex reminded me that there's no 'I' in team," Jordan said. "And I looked back at Tex, I said, 'There's an 'I' in win.' So whichever way you want it."

Raiding, like basketball, is a team sport comprised of individuals. There is no 'I' in team, got it- what are you doing to put the 'I' in win?

Comments

One response to “Do you want it?”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Inno said...

I put the "i" in win by being there... I don't have to break stealth...just the fact that I'm there is enough.

September 17, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Post a Comment