Game On!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I like “Indian MTV”, Bollywood music videos to be precise. Strange I know, but allow me to explain. My affection for it began while serving in Iraq. To preserve manpower for combat missions we relied heavily on Third Country Nationals (TCNs) to provide various support functions (laundry, mess, etc.), the theory being that the fighting Soldier would then not be tied up doing sustainment tasks. Many of these TCNs were contracted out of Pakistan, some of them worked in the barber shop.

It started out harmlessly enough; I would go every 2 weeks to get my hair cut, it being essential to keep it short due to the heat and the infrequency of showering. While there I would watch whatever they had on their little TV while waiting, namely music videos. As time went by I was lured in by the driving rhythms, the haunting melodies, and of course, the sweet dance moves (described in one particular movie as “screwing in a light bulb with one hand while petting a dog with the other”). Soon I found myself getting a haircut once a week, then stopping in twice a week to have Chai with my new “friends” while getting my fix of “Tanak Tanakta”. I was hooked, and once you’re hooked there is no turning back.

Anyways, what does all that have to do with anything? Well, Codex (Felicia Day) and the rest of The Guild cast have done it again. Their second music video has been released
and…
its…
Awesome!

You can go check it out HERE, I’m sure you’ll get the connection once you do.
Enjoy!

Comments

3 Responses to “Game On!”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Beth said...

What particular movie was it that described the dance moves as such? You must have really enjoyed that movie if you're quoting it on your blog. ;)

July 31, 2010 at 10:11 AM
Inno said...
This comment has been removed by the author. August 1, 2010 at 5:02 PM
Inno said...

Wrote pride and prejudice but I think it's bride and prejudice. Stoopid iPhone text corrections ( or fat finger typing)

August 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Post a Comment