Argent Aspirations

Monday, December 7, 2009

No, Svenn has not reversed his stance on dailies and started up the tournament nonsense in Northrend. Rather, today's guest spot comes from fellow guildie Shakha. Inspired by his rep grind with the Argent Crusade/ Dawn, and possibly Shaara's fantastic works of fan fiction, he wrote up a little something; a teaser to some future tales perhaps?
Shakha bowed at the waist, hands outstretched and upraised in the traditional manner of his people. “You sent for me, Lord Eadric?”

The Grand Champion of the Argent Crusade nodded. “I did indeed Shakha. Your progress in the tournament here has not gone unnoticed. You've Championed the cause of the Alliance well, and won high favor with every Kingdom. You are even spoken of in the inner circles of the Argent Crusade. High Lord Fordring himself has said that we have few Champions of your mettle.”

“I am unworthy of such praise, milord,” Shakha replied, “though I am grateful for it.”

“It is because of this that I summoned you,” Eadric continued. “There is yet one thing to be done before you claim your place among the Argent Champions.”

Shakha rose and looked up at Eadric the Pure. “Name it my liege, I am ready to do whatever I can to bring light to the dark corners of this world.”

Eadric raised his sword in gesture, as was his habit when giving orders. “We need you to return to the Eastern Kingdoms, to what is now called the Plaguelands. Arthas has not forgotten his victories there, and has not given up hope of prevailing. Even though Naxxramas has come to Northrend, so too has most of our strength been sent here. A new threat has arisen in the dark places of Stratholme and Scholomance. You must go there and purge them of evil. Show the denizens of those dark corners that they dare not come out from hiding. You have grown in power since your last foray into those places, and I am confident in sending you alone.”

Shakha bowed once more. “I will do my best not to disappoint you milord.”

Eadric nodded “I'm counting on that. Report at once to Light's Hope Chapel, where you'll be given instructions on what must be done.” Eadric turned to the table beside him and lifted a magnificent two-handed sword, presenting it to Shakha. “Take with you this Claymore, it was born with honor by the great prophet Velen. May you bring it equal glory. Light be with you, mighty warrior.”

Comments

2 Responses to “Argent Aspirations”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Inno said...

What, is everyone a bard? Well done I enjoyed the brief glimpse into this storyline.

December 7, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Shaara said...

Nicely done, Shakha! I can't wait to read more from you! (There is more right? Right?!)

December 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Post a Comment